Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec 15th

Outside my window... it's dark and cold and wet. I like the precipitation and all but I'd like a little break right now. It's too icky to do any outside work and there's lots to do.

I am thinking... about why I forgot to wash Clay's jeans today and how I have to stay up late and wash them. I hate being behind on laundry. Hate.

I am thankful for... this little baby I'm nursing right now. I love when they're old enough to appreciate nursing and young enough to still do it. I remember back when Cassie was little, she would hum the ABCs while she nursed. It's one of my favorite memories of all time. Garrison now has his own little word for nursing "Nonnie". Sweet.

From the learning rooms...(if this applies) Just getting it done right now. Nothing special, nothing fun, just doing it.

From the kitchen... Yum. Corn cakes with black beans and cream cheese salsa mix on top. Yum.

I am wearing... Clogs, jean skirt and an olive green shirt.

I am creating... a dishcloth at the moment. I need some more. I don't like only having a couple clean at a time. I like having a whole basket full whenever I need one.

I am going... to Goodwill tomorrow or Wednesday to take lots of kids toys. We have WAY too many.

I am reading... my Bible. That's my reading focus for right now. And seed starting info online. Aside from that.

I am hoping... that my teeth don't hurt tomorrow. Sigh.

I am hearing... children that should be asleep running around upstairs. Naughty children.

Around the house... the smell of Christmas cookie Yankee Candle that a friend sent me in the mail. Yay!

One of my favorite things... a mug of warm Wassail. I think that's how it's spelled. We had our church Christmas party last night. I got to take home a container of it. Wassail is apple cider with spices in it. This one had orange, cloves, and cinnamon I think. Yummy.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Take toys to Goodwill, break up another part of the garden and bring in another wheelbarrow of the fabulous black soil we found, split some wood of course, celebrate Clay's birthday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: