Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A profound thought.....

Over at With Great Joy, she said EXACTLY how I feel. And while she feels she has no profound thoughts, that in and of itself is profound. I will quote the first part here and then you can go say hi to her lol.

In her today's post, she wrote this BUT I could have written this, word for word:

One of the frustrating things about blogging, for me, is that I feel like I need to have some profound thought in order to post, or a topic to cover, or a practical, helpful thing to share, or at least an event in our family life to write about.

The thing is: I rarely, if ever, have a profound thought.

And my brain- when I sit down to write- isn't organized by topic.

And most days I have nothing practical or helpful to share. We may be doing things that I think are fun and or helpful to us, but it feels a little presumptious to think that others will, too.

As for family events, we have lots of those happening, but by the time I sit down to write about them- it's been several days, I have no photos uploaded or just didn't take any photos and my motivation to blog about it has waned.

Often I open up the little "New Post" window to write something and then sit there with the cursor blinking and the blank screen before me and decide I have nothing to say.

But I do have lots to say, it just doesn't seem "polished" enough for a blog post.

For the time being, I'm throwing anything remotely resembling a "polished" blog post out the window and I'm going to try to simply be me. Conversational.

***NOW, go over and read about her sweet and normal day and get to know her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I really prefer real life with all its guts, glory, simplicity, etc to the polished posts. I want to see real people living real lives!

So I am thrilled with your recent postings!

Kim